Our Vision, Mission and Values
Our Vision is to build a highly creative, student centred learning community where individual needs are met and where the inspiration to personal excellence is integral to everything we do.
We aspire to be a compassionate and just community, nourished by the teachings of Jesus Christ, sustained by the Catholic Church and inspired by the vision of Catherine McAuley and the Sisters of Mercy.
Our Mission is to ensure that all students become:
- dedicated, self-directed, critical and enthusiastic life-long learners;
- empowered and strong of character, thriving on personal responsibility;
- personally fulfilled, knowing their own worth;
- capable of experiencing achievement and joy in all that they do;
- confident, creative and collaborative problem solvers who respond positively to a world of rapid change;
- effective and empathetic communicators who are globally aware and socially and culturally active and inclusive;
- humane and caring, always looking to reach out to those in need.
Inspired by the charism of Catherine McAuley and the Sisters of Mercy, our Values are expressed by:
- Living faithfully, placing God at the heart of all that we do;
- Living with integrity, so that it lies at the heart of all we say and do;
- Being honest, so that we are truthful to ourselves and to others;
- Showing respect, so that we value ourselves and others, appreciating our similarities and celebrating our uniqueness;
- Being courageous, to do what’s right no matter how challenging;
- Taking responsibility, to be sensible, reliable and accountable;
- Honouring the contributions of our past, so that it becomes a catalyst for embracing a bright and hope-fi lled future;
- Creating a nurturing and welcoming environment that celebrates diversity and personal achievement;
- Being of service to others, through our unity and solidarity with those who are marginalised or disadvantaged.